sand deposits in plaster

thptrek

Bronze Supporter
Dec 18, 2014
Houston, TX
We have a new unite IG pool with plaster surface. After the plaster was done the PB started the fill process. I brushed daily but after about three days we noticed that some sand deposits had formed on the bottom. They look like dirt that you normally could just brush or vacuum up. However, they won't come up. They seem almost bonded to the plaster surface. The pH of the pool did spike towards 8.6 at times before I could add acid to get it down. The PB is going to have his guy come over and check it out.

Any ideas on what needs to be done to get rid of these sand deposits? Thanks.

If someone is coming out, let them look at it and advise. Make sure you take photos of those spots NOW and send something to your PB in writing so that there is a paper trail just in case, especially if you are not responsible for maintaining the water balance in your pool yet. You cannot be blamed for poor water chemistry if they are the only ones adding chemicals.

What type of plaster do you have?
Is it still smooth?
My pool is only a few months old and I have what looks like dirt on the bottom but is still smooth. I have white plaster apparently with crushed marble. It makes my pool look dirty but maybe that's my fault for keeping the water so clear.

The finish is called Luna Quartz. It is from Wed Edge Technologies. The color is called Pacific. I think they will need to drain the pool and do some sort of acid wash to get the sand free from the plaster finish. We shall see next week what the PB tells us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.