New Pool Build with Grotto/Slide/Waterfall- Temecula, Ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Everyone!! The day is here and passed, the demo and dig has begun and is for the most part complete today!

We went down to 9' in the deep end all said and done and the length ended up at 46.5 feet 10 of that is a monster baja shelf. Also ended up with an extra light on the plan for a total of 6 :) Im a happy camper

During the dig though we tore out the electrical and gas I had in my yard to the existing waterfall and the fire pit, also lost all my irrigation on the hill and that was run over to my dog run and extra spickets I had throughout the yard for watering bushes etc. All in all not a bad excavation and all things we expected to run into. It was also hard to watch so much of my landscaping get tore out after all the years of hard work put in back there.

Pics below of the yard just before access all the way through through today!

3853_zps7f739780.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So there you go! I will get some better pictures from the other angles showing the house and patio when I'm home from work tomorrow! Share your words or wisdom and advice as always!

Yeah they are ready for some water to kick it in for sure! They've been roaming the dirt already, its going to be a mess for a few months.

Luckily my neighbor just did his pool and a house add on last year and got my yard thrashed, his turn :cool:, only its winter and damp so minimal dust and wind to blow stuff his way

Since we did made the pb throw in a partial infloor for the sale the pb pushed off the rebar till next week, plumber comes monday to do the 12 head infloor and then tuesday we start rebar, then wed plumber runs the rest of the 3" suct and 3" return lines and electrical starts thursday! Hopefully in less then 2 weeks we will pass preliminary inspection and can shoot the shotcrete. I Will have a lot of pics to come after weekend! And a few of the finished excavation later today!

What a beautiful back yard you have (had)! I know it must be disappointing to see all your hard work be ripped up, but I can tell you from experience, once you get the pool in and landscaping back up, you will have zero regrets!

Completely off the subject, but I noticed you have a little one there. Have you guys checked out infant swimming resource? We enrolled our 1.5 year old and are so thankful that we did. It's inexpensive and basically trains them how to float. My son actually can swim now (he just turned 2) but he was a natural at it. Every line of defense helps...

Awesome!! Pretty crazy sight isn't it go walk about back and there is a GIANT hole in the yard?

Its awesome! The kids are loving playing in it already too!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great! Just fyi, in the picture of your pool plan we can see your phone number. I would white it out. :)

Didn't know that, lol, I was wondering why I keep getting random calls

- - - Updated - - -

Completely off the subject, but I noticed you have a little one there. Have you guys checked out infant swimming resource? We enrolled our 1.5 year old and are so thankful that we did. It's inexpensive and basically trains them how to float. My son actually can swim now (he just turned 2) but he was a natural at it. Every line of defense helps...

Yeah my son is 3 and can swim, we are going to put the little girl in that class for sure! My neighbor did it with their 7 month old at the time and even the baby could float, pretty amazing stuff

- - - Updated - - -

And for an update for everyone, They started plumbing today with the infloor system and a few of the large suction and return lines! Rebar starts and hopefully finshes tomorrow ( so they say ) and then Plumbing, rough electrical, etc continues later in the week! Its going fast! And I'm at the station 9 of the next 11 days! Keeping me plenty busy with work and the pool builder calling all day, while I'm gone

Hey anyone who can help???

They are in the midst of finishing plumbing today and I have all my 3" for suction and Returns in place, the infloor is complete. My question- For the return to the spa they are running 3" to the spa loop, it is a single continuous loop with 6 jets in the 8' spa. They are using 2" piping for the spa loop, is this standard and adequate for 6 jets?? Sounds like it should be but I can't find any great info on it other then the pool builder saying thats right, which I'm sure they always do.

And when a pool builder tells me 3" has no impact on flow rates pressure etc, its hard to trust their judgment regardless of their history in the business, hydraulics dont lie..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gonna be beautiful! I'm happy for you and a lil jealous. Have only been in my house w older pool for 2 hrs and already want a newer more up to date one ... Shame on me because I've been begging for any kind of pool for 40 yrs and should appreciate what I have.

This is going to be a very interestingly fun build!

Hey anyone who can help???

They are in the midst of finishing plumbing today and I have all my 3" for suction and Returns in place, the infloor is complete. My question- For the return to the spa they are running 3" to the spa loop, it is a single continuous loop with 6 jets in the 8' spa. They are using 2" piping for the spa loop, is this standard and adequate for 6 jets?? Sounds like it should be but I can't find any great info on it other then the pool builder saying thats right, which I'm sure they always do.

And when a pool builder tells me 3" has no impact on flow rates pressure etc, its hard to trust their judgment regardless of their history in the business, hydraulics dont lie..

A 2" loop is plenty for six jets. 7 is probably the max that I would consider. A 3" loop is possible but would probably mean that you would have to make the walls of the spa thicker to get adequate coverage with the gunite/shotcrete. I doubt you would notice much of a difference.

A 3" supply to the spa with a 2" loop, in my opinion is ideal. Pay particular attention to the Hartford loop and make sure that enters the spa well above the water line.

Pipe diameter absolutely impacts pressure and flow. The problem is that 3" pipe is expensive and adds up quickly with couplers/valves/etc. It is also more time consuming to install since most don't have a cutter big enough for the pipe.

A 2" loop is plenty for six jets. 7 is probably the max that I would consider. A 3" loop is possible but would probably mean that you would have to make the walls of the spa thicker to get adequate coverage with the gunite/shotcrete. I doubt you would notice much of a difference.

A 3" supply to the spa with a 2" loop, in my opinion is ideal. Pay particular attention to the Hartford loop and make sure that enters the spa well above the water line.

Pipe diameter absolutely impacts pressure and flow. The problem is that 3" pipe is expensive and adds up quickly with couplers/valves/etc. It is also more time consuming to install since most don't have a cutter big enough for the pipe.

Thanks! Yeah my pb guys are using a small handheld sawzaw tool almost to cut the pipe, its like literally a 2 sec deal and its done, pretty awesome. Im super happy with the returns to the grotto and the spa

How about the pool returns? Its a 3' pipe to the pool 25ish feet, then it splits (non looped) and gates down to 2" immediately and 1 1/2 as it gets farther around the pool is that normal? The pb explained this is just more so for the circulation on the surface and that I would be using the infloor primarily (all 2 inches pipes to the head but i only have a partial system) I was expecting larger returns around the wall where they return to the pool. I get the idea of having head pressure to move water but it would seem i would just want it to gate down at the actual spot it feeds to the pool

Posting pics in the morning, also they plan to do a hydro static valve now as I have one wet spot in the dirt up in the shallow end, concerns there or is this pretty standard?

Thanks! Yeah my pb guys are using a small handheld sawzaw tool almost to cut the pipe, its like literally a 2 sec deal and its done, pretty awesome. Im super happy with the returns to the grotto and the spa

How about the pool returns? Its a 3' pipe to the pool 25ish feet, then it splits (non looped) and gates down to 2" immediately and 1 1/2 as it gets farther around the pool is that normal? The pb explained this is just more so for the circulation on the surface and that I would be using the infloor primarily (all 2 inches pipes to the head but i only have a partial system) I was expecting larger returns around the wall where they return to the pool. I get the idea of having head pressure to move water but it would seem i would just want it to gate down at the actual spot it feeds to the pool

Posting pics in the morning, also they plan to do a hydro static valve now as I have one wet spot in the dirt up in the shallow end, concerns there or is this pretty standard?

This is pretty typical...plenty of flow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.