New build in North of Dallas about to start, any help is appreciated

For us, they tied the gutters into the new drainage system they installed with the decking. I assume that is typical.

+1

It's typical for storm water drains to be re-routed into the pool overflow drain, where the water goes to street, drain, low spot, neighbor's yard, or anyplace other than against house foundation or into pool.

:cool:

Updated pictures coming soon.
Anyone have a picture of a "pop-up" drain that comes up from underneath their decking? My PB contractor put in the drains with 2 openings, but just left the PVC pipe open at the end of the decking. I talked with my supervisor and he said, "there should be a pop up valve that is level with the ground where the water flows out of the pipe"

Thanks

Close up of the spa stone work:

This is what we call "the cave" hiding the skimmer:

control panel and equip:

from the deep end:

to show the 6.5' deep end:

now the other side of the house gets dug up for the gas line:

last photo prior to the deck coming in:

Our pop-up drain cover looks like this:

61YfLWTXU1L._SL1280_.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We get to help you spend your money??? Oh I LOVE spending money!

The BEST weed block you can buy. Maybe even roofing felt. Put it down and hold it down with lawn stakes. Large river rocks over it VERY deep. White marble chips would be pretty also.

Some yard art like..........I will have to look what I like up at home on my laptop........

Kim

We are looking to go with whatever is easiest and the least expensive. As it is behind the rocks and anywhere from 6 - 12" or so, not much will be seen unless it goes over the rock.
Our thought was to put down a metal edging about 2' behind the rock and slowly start to landscape it. I'm not opposed to just putting down the edging, a layer of cloth and then some decomposed granite or small river rocks.

Thoughts?

Not sure what to put back there, but please don't use that metal edging. It's really dangerous even though it's very common around here. It really shouldn't ever be used by anyone, and if you have it in your yard you should remove it. It's like having knives embedded in the ground! Anyone who falls or sometimes even just steps on it is at risk for lacerations.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11265903

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.