Liquid Pool Covers

Nov 20, 2014
Pine/Colorado
Hi TFP!

So happy you all are here, I have a new question and I know I have experts here to help me.
By the way I love the pool. It was 6 below zero last night and swimming was a wonderful break from the cold outside!
Pool School & PoolMath have been a blessing I can't thank you all enough!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :bowdown:

Ok, so here is my question... does anyone know about or use Liguid Pool Covers?
I am looking for a way to cut down on the humidity in the pool room. I found a site on line with Liquid Pool Covers.
Sounds good and would cut down the time taking off the blanket and get right in.:splash:
But advertisements can be all hype.
I sure could use some advice, Thanks :D
:lovetfp:

Glad to hear your having a great time.
Me personally I wouldn't add anything to the water that it doesn't need, but that's just my thinking. I guess you could say I'm a purist in that sense. Lol. I'm not sure how great that stuff works anyhow. I would stay with the cover.
Let's see what others think.

They work, but not as well as physically solid covers (bubble type or sheet type). Their main problem is that wind will tend to push the material away leaving exposed areas, but I would presume that with an indoor pool there is virtually no wind or air movement. In that case, I'd expect liquid pool covers to work OK. If you search on this site for "liquid solar cover" and you'll find lots of threads on this topic.

Ok I read a lot of the threads on the liquid pool cover.
Boy you guys have to be getting tired of these questions over and over since when, 2007 or longer! And here I thought it was something new, LOL. I need to get out more!
Anyway I need to think this over a bit but it looks like if I am going to use one, the Heatsavr would be the one I would use. I am a little concerned about getting that on my skin, so I am going to see if I can find more literature on it. (what it is made of... to convince myself) hmmm Maybe my itty bitty blanket is going to stay.
Humidity and condensation is my bigger concern right now. Ho hum.. always something...

A liquid pool cover can reduce evaporation, but it won't eliminate it. With or without a cover (of either kind) you either need a lot of ventilation, or a large dehumidification system, or the humidity will always be 100%.

One product is about 86% ethyl alcohol and about 4% isopropyl alcohol. Even without wind, if the skimmers are pulling a good flow, the product will eventually get dissipated. You could remove the weirs to reduce this issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.