Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Multi-Port Valve Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Pentair Multi-Port Valve Question

I had a Texsun tech out yesterday to service our main filter and replace a couple of parts.

He also replaced my (hated) pull/push multi-port valve with one that has a dial instead - the Pentair P/N: 261152.

When I Google'd the P/N this morning, to see if I could find a manual, I pulled up this 2 page user manual for the P/N 27505-200-000 / 27507-200-000, where it states that those models are replacements of P/N 261055 / 261152.

Does this mean that Texsun sold me an old model, and did this older model have any issues which caused them to come out with the newer one?

Thanks,

Ole
    Specs: IG plaster (≈35K Gallons) SWG (Pentair IntelliChlor)
    Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, Pentair 2HP Main Pump + Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump
    Please forgive me if above question is stupid, but my (current) knowledge about chemistry is about the same as my ability to fly!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Multi-Port Valve Question

P/N 27505-200-000 and 25707-200-000 are not Pentair part numbers. Those are CMP brand multiport valves. My guess is that CMPs multiport valve is considerably less expensive than the Pentair one, prompting the mention for equivalent Pentair counterparts in their manual. As for reliability, I couldn't vouch for either. I have a Pentair multiport valve but it is only a few months old. I hope it lasts!!!!
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I guess I need some more coffee this morning, I didn't even notice that.

I looked it up on amazon, and the reviews are very good. One mentioned he'd had this for 20 years before he had to replace it with the same one.

Thanks for your reply!

Ole
    Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, Pentair 2HP Main Pump + Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump
    Please forgive me if above question is stupid, but my (current) knowledge about chemistry is about the same as my ability to fly!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by KING-OLE View Post
    . One mentioned he'd had this for 20 years before he had to replace it with the same one.

Thanks for your reply!

Ole

I'm not sure CMP has been making multiport valves for 20 years.

Either way CMP does make decent products. They are on the same level as Praher which makes most of the other multiport valves.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by racket View Post
    I'm not sure CMP has been making multiport valves for 20 years.
    Sorry, the review I was referring to was for the Pentair; not the CMP.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this valve, and an extra bonus is that I can put it on Waste mode when vacuuming, so the stuff doesn't end up in the filter.