Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite T3 diagnostics - no amps or current reading

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite T3 diagnostics - no amps or current reading

I have an aqua rite T3 SWG. It has not been producing chlorine for a few days. I had the cell tested at the local pool store and it fine.

I was given a set of readings to compare for the diagnostics. I have a 0 reading for my #3 reading which I was told was the amps and a 0 reading for my #4 reading which I was told was volts.

Before I replace the board, is there anyway to just replace a piece on the board? Is there any way to reset the board?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquarite T3 diagnostics - no amps or current reading

No current and no volts sounds like the transformer is bad.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Take a look at this topic. There are several good suggestions in there. One common issues is a burned out current limiter that can be replaced easily if you are handy with a soldering iron.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Jason,

Thanks for directing me to the posts on the current limiter. I ordered from digikey and was able to replace the piece. I found that CL was cracked at one of the legs.

I also found it out how poor my soldering skills were.

My cell is currently producing now.

Thanks again for the help.

5. Back To Top    #5

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!