Pool Purchase Recommendations

Jul 21, 2014
smyrna. tn
Considering a package deal from Watson's/Family Leisure, with stainless steel panel and their own developed salt water system. The manufacturers are Wilbar Mighty Sun and Asahi....OR an Aquarian Pool (Canada) Kamika from the Satisfaction series...from a local guy. I am debating which package will give me more bang for my buck. Any thoughts or suggestions on any of these manufacturers would be extremely helpful? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I can't speak to these brands, but I'm sure some others here have encountered them. It's slow here this time of year, but perhaps someone will see and answer you on them.

I'd stay away from Family Leisure. The product they carry is great, but the customer service sucks. Since it's a chain, the employees generally don't give a darn about there jobs.

I bought my 24 foot pool from them. Everything was great until it came time to do the install...Hole in liner, incorrectly assembled ladder, uneven pool floor with permanent footprints, loose and missing screws, cigarette butts all over my yard. I called and complained to the manager a few times, but never really got anywhere with that and finally gave up, fixed all the stuff myself and moved on.

Oh and their sanitizing system Permasalt went into the trash. You should have seen the salesman when I was explaining pool chemistry to him (dumb as a brick).

I only use bleach in my pool.

Use the local guy. He probably actually cares about his job.

rric, thanks for the info. I really want to give the local guy the chance, but he hasn't been in business very long and my budget is pretty fixed. His costs are higher and I understand all that. I am debating the difference in the salt systems though. Everything I have read on here, says that salt systems must have a resin pool or it will reek havoc on a steel wall pool. My neighbor has had good luck with his perma salt system, yet his pool is steel walled with the family leisure stainless steel panel. Albeit he has only had the salt system a few years.

The local guys pool has resin top, bottom track, uprights and a steel wall with umpteen coatings..but..does not have a stainless panel, and if something went wrong(God Forbid) replacing the entire pool wall would be $$$$. as opposed to replacing a ss panel. As you can tell, I am a newbie at all this..but have wanted a pool for YEARS. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.