Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vacuum problems

1. Back To Top    #1

vacuum problems

my vacuum always gets i noticed that there was a lot of water being pushed out of the connection hose. The part that connects from the wall to the vacuum hose. there is a lot of water being pushed out of that connection so the vacuum isnt getting enough water pressure to keep it moving....then i noticed that outside the cement beyond the skimmer there is water flowing from under my cement onto my the pressure is getting backed up and forced out somehow...when i turned the vacuum off but kept the pump running this stopped....any ideas
    26k gallons IG painted Plaster
    Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter model ST1152 1.5V 1A
    A. O. Smith Pump 2.2HP 3450RPM (runs 5hrs/day)
    Vacuum model BY06-09 3/4HP 3450RPM (runs 2hrs/day)
    Manteca, Ca.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: vacuum problems

It sounds like the pipe that supplies water to the pool cleaner is leaking. From your description, the leak is probably underground, presumably not to far from where you are seeing water come out. That leak will need to be fixed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School