Any one know anything about these solar panels?

Exactly what do you need to know? I can't tell you manufacture or part# but it shouldn't matter anyway. Most panels work pretty much the same.

I guess the main thing is how the efficiency compares to plastic panels. I can't even tell what the collector surface is made of (aluminum? I have never seen panels of this design). The seller doesn't seem to know much except that they are "quality brand" and in good condition. I am trying to get as much info as I can before I make the drive up to see them.

00O0O_gzG0fvsBSR7_600x450.jpg

They don't appear to have glass which would change the efficiency characteristics so they should not be too different than standard panels. But it isn't very clear how they are fed. Do the panels have a header? If so, what size?

About the only downside I can see is that the headers appear to be pretty small which will restriction flow some.

All the panels should be run in parallel but having multiple supply/return lines is not a bad idea either which is what I think you meant.

Also, I doubt any coating is going to have much of an effect one way or the other.

I ended up buying them. They should be perfect for my application (assuming they don't leak).

The collector surface is totally flat, imagine a bunch of square tubes next to each other except its all one piece. the backside has fiberglass sheeting for insulation which is good because these will be propped up on a flat roof. they will also be much easier to mount than standard plastic panels. I have 8 4x10 for a 13,000 gallon pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.