Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Returning water to both pool and spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Melbourne Victoria, Australia

Returning water to both pool and spa

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Returning all water to the spa 100% of the time is not generally the best idea. Your pool water circulation won't be very good if all of your water is coming from the spillover. Typically you use a mixture of spillover and regular pool returns on an automatic sequence from the control system.

Regardless, spillover mode can be setup from the iAquaLink, so you could use it as you describe if you want to. If you don't see spillover mode, there is a dip switch you need to set to enable spillover mode.

The Zodiac G3 cleaner is a suction side cleaner, so it doesn't care where the water is returning.
    I an trying to do this..........i want to suck from the Pool and partly return to spa approx 25% for the spillover, manually is easy ....but how
    do i do this with the newly installed jandy actuators????

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Returning water to both pool and spa

You need to adjust the cam on the actuator that controls the return flow. The cams can be adjusted to stop at any position. You want to adjust the cam so it stops with some flow going each place.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School