Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Just curious if anyone is familiar with this pump leak and if it can be repaired (easily) or do I need a new pump. There is no noise or other problem with the pump except that it leaks. I'm not sure but I imagine this is the original pump so it is probably over 10 years old.

poolpump_zpsfbc80845.jpg

Since I posted the picture above I did take the pump apart and this is what it looked like inside:

insidepoolpump_zps7db8b303.jpg

plasticinsidepoolpump_zps9c3f63b4.jpg

Then I cleaned it up as much as possible and put it back together but it is still leaking. The seals on the two halves of the pump look okay but I'm no expert so I don't know where to go from here.

Its most likely just a seal thats seen its last day. Of course until you disassemble it, it's impossible to be 100% certain.
Its not terribly difficult to disassemble the pump and replace the seal, but will take a few hours to do it. There are youtube videos on doing things like this.

Google the parts list for your specific pump and you can find the parts to make the fix. (get the rebuild kit and not just the seal).

Of course, given that the thing is 10 years old though, it might be worth considering replacing it with a more energy efficient 2 speed pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.