Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dumb Question on Speed Stir

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumb Question on Speed Stir

Okay friends, this is a dumb question, but my husband isn't home and I don't want to wait to use my speed stir. What kind of tool do I need to loosen the screw on the back to put the batteries in? I am hoping I don't have to find one of those small "eye glass" screw drivers. I've tried a knife tip and that's not getting enough traction. Does anyone have any secret tools they used besides "the right size screwdriver"? - Thanks, Karen
    New in 2017, will update

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumb Question on Speed Stir

Sorry, I think you need to find the right tool ..........
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

A very small Phillips head
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

4. Back To Top    #4

That's a #0 Philips screwdriver. Once you get the screw out, leave it out. My lid stays put without it, not even any tape. The alternative is a drill bit to just remove the head and be done with it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

In case anyone cares - I ended up using a Stanley #1 Phillips head screwdriver. Luckily, my husband has the tool drawers in his workshop very well labeled! Now I'm going to test some water - Karen
    New in 2017, will update