Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gunite Slide

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tulsa OK

Gunite Slide

Talked to the pool designer yesterday, looking at having a grotto with a slide. I do not care for the look of most plastic slides, I really like the gunite slide. The designer all but refuse to design one in. He states that they take more out and replace due to the fact that they tend to me more uncomfortable. My question is, does anyone have a gunite slide and are they happy with it. I do not know if they are all bad, or that the PB does not do a lot so his are not as smooth which leads to them not wanting to place them in.

This part of plan making was fun, we get the plans back on Jan with the cost, I am sure that will be a not so fun meeting.

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex, TX

Re: Gunite Slide

I have a plastic slide built up with rock around it to make it look nice. It doesn't look quite as nice as a gunite slide, but it's a less expensive choice.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

I think your slide looks great. The rocks make it.
    Oh and the pool looks awesome !
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Friendswood, TX

Quote Originally Posted by zethacat View Post
    I have a plastic slide built up with rock around it to make it look nice. It doesn't look quite as nice as a gunite slide, but it's a less expensive choice and we are happy with it.

This is what I wanted but couldn't convince the wife.
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

5. Back To Top    #5

Carlsbad, NM

Our friends had their slide tiled with a mosaic. It is smooth and looks great.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

6. Back To Top    #6

NE Texas

We just finished our pool with a gunite slide. However, I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out yet as I'm not too big on hypothermia! However, I can tell by feeling it that its VERY slick and smooth. The company did say that they would need to be acid-washed and refinished when they get a little rough, probably every 4-5 years depending on usage and weather.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Done! Pool build thread here
    38 x 18 free form, IG gunite with all gunite waterfall/slide/grotto
    18" raised spa, waterfall into pool
    Hayward 3hp Tri Star Pump x 3, 525sqft Swimclear filter, Polaris 280 cleaner
    Hayward LED pool lights, Hayward LED accent lights, 400K BTU Heater