What the Winter Solstice Means to Me

BoDarville

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2012
DFW, Texas
Today is the shortest day of the year and the day where the sun is at its lowest point in the sky in the northern hemisphere. Most refer to this as the first day of winter. Since the days will now gradually get longer and the sun will slowly but surely get higher in the sky, I prefer to think of it as the first day that summer is on its way!

I can get behind that way of thinking!

Coming off a cool summer and another especially cold winter threatening I can use the help dreaming of a long warm summer ahead.

From myHTC One via Tapatalk

I like your way of thinking. I hate cold weather, and even more so now that I have a pool to miss for several months. Cold weather is no good unless there is snow, and KY hardly ever has a white Christmas, so that just adds insult to injury. Late January-February is fun because I like driving in the snow and feeling like there's a reason I drive a 4X4 that gets 12mpg. After that its time for the heat to come back on.

For those of you within a 100 mile radius of Houston be of good cheer. It will not freeze this year because I bought a new furnace a few weeks back! The overnight low hasn't dropped below 50 since. You're welcome!

zea3 said:
For those of you within a 100 mile radius of Houston be of good cheer. It will not freeze this year because I bought a new furnace a few weeks back! The overnight low hasn't dropped below 50 since. You're welcome!
Zea3...Any way you could extend that "no-freeze" range to a 250 mile radius? :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.