pH Level Puzzle

Apr 18, 2010
My pH level stays remarkably constant. For example, it has been at the same is level for a month now without me adding any acid. To me this is amazing and unbelievable. I have a new Intellichlor IC40 that has been on and generating since August. This amazing pH stability began when my new IC40 went online. The reason that this is so amazing to me is that previously, with my first IC40, I was in a daily fistfight with my pH level which wanted to raise .1 or .2 per day until well above 8.0. This went on for 6 years and I used a LOT of acid.

Could this be the result of some kind of redesign of the IC40? Or was my first IC40 just bad? Has anyone else experienced something like this? Any other explanations?

MY PH is very very stable, and has been for years, despite my SWG. It has to do with your other levels. If you keep TA relatively low, the PH will be stable. If TA is higher the PH will constantly go up.

MY PH is very very stable, and has been for years, despite my SWG. It has to do with your other levels. If you keep TA relatively low, the PH will be stable. If TA is higher the PH will constantly go up.

Very interesting! That would fit my situation. My TA is low (20) and it dropped about the same time that I got the new IC40. I lowered my pH (and CSI to -1.50) to battle some scale stains. Thanks Jason!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.