Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak @ Filter -- Triton Meteor Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Knoxville, TN

Leak @ Filter -- Triton Meteor Sand Filter

Guys, any thoughts on fixing a leak at the filter ? It's not the hose connections. It's where the control valve assembly fits into the top of the filter body.

There seems to be a gasket there -- does it just need replacing ? Not even sure how you'd get that off and back on. I tried some silicone to seal it and left it 24 hours before restarting the filter but it went back to leaking worse than before. I don't see any cracks but this is a pretty good leak.

The two bolts / nuts that hold the clamps around that assembly are as tight as they can be. Maybe it's just not seated properly ?

Appreciate any feedback you can offer. My pool has been working great all summer since you guys got me set straight a couple months back. Just have to figure out this mechanical issue now.

24' Round Above-Ground Pool, 13500 Gallons
    Triton Meteor Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Central New York

Re: Leak @ Filter -- Triton Meteor Sand Filter

Steve ---- I'm going to waste your money by telling you to do a search and find a company that sells the O-ring and order one or two now.

like here ... ProdID=165

The reason I say this is to get it in the mail system today so this weekend, if you take it apart and can't fix it without a new gasket, you'll have one coming. Just my two cents.

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump