Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's happened to all the ultra frame intex pools for sale?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's happened to all the ultra frame intex pools for sale?

Hi All
    I have been noticing that Walmart, Target, even Amazon are not selling a lot of the ultra frame above ground pools anymore. Like the one we have, intex ultra frame 18x48 in pool or the larger ones either? Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? I had hoped to move up to the 26'x52" ultra frame pool this summer.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What's happened to all the ultra frame intex pools for sale?

I can't answer your question but I seemed to have noticed a drastic cutback on Intex "chatter" on the forum.........like no one is buying them much anymore......anyone else notice that?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Only noticed less chatter in the last few months ... being that it is winter

I would guess they would be less prevalent on those sites as they are a seasonal item. Let's see what happens 4 months from now.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I just checked again. The last time I checked there wasn't anything, but now there's a few more. Would any of you recommend a different above ground pool that's better in your opinion the the ultra frame intex pools? I really like the one we have, just thinking of getting a bigger one
    Mike

5. Back To Top    #5

We purchased a 20 x 52 in from Target online a couple of months ago. I think the larger ones are hard to sell in stores, we got our on clearance with free shipping! I hope to start an install thread around late Feb or early March. We have already started clearing and leveling our area--that part is such a pain, but so very important
    We are swimming!!!!
    Pool is an AG round 20 ft x 52 inch Intex.
    Approx. 10100 Gallons
    Sand filter, over the wall skimmer, artistically decorated wedding cake steps
    4x4 deck with steps and pool level float holder! (Thanks Honey!)

6. Back To Top    #6

I bet you all can hardly wait. I hope winter is a short one this year?
    Mike

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I have an intex 18 x 9 foot... I love it...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

8. Back To Top    #8

I too have noticed a drastic reduction in the AGP section. I figure it's due to the season. It's not like I quit working on getting mine set up, I just don't like to operate a shovel to begin with. Then add in my work schedule, it's gonna take me a while to get everything done.

Guess in the meantime we can all stay tuned to Lacey's threads and dream of warmer weather.
    Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, Hayward 1HP pump/Hayward 180T sand filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: keep working on deck, liner during the off season.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install

9. Back To Top    #9

Wait for spring and the Intex conversations will return. I'm in a Florida and the pool is in the high 60s. Although I have solar, there has not been enough sun for me to get the temp above the low 70s. I have to remind myself to go out and put chlorine in. I would say part of the problem is the weather and the other part is that we have turned our attention to winter activities. To me, the forum is quieter all around but that's just my perception. I am not looking at the actual numbers.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

10. Back To Top    #10

Hopefully we will have a nice short winter so we can all get our pools ready for spring. It's always tuff waiting for the spring to return.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by kriscaryb View Post
    We purchased a 20 x 52 in from Target online a couple of months ago. I think the larger ones are hard to sell in stores, we got our on clearance with free shipping! I hope to start an install thread around late Feb or early March. We have already started clearing and leveling our area--that part is such a pain, but so very important
    I bought the same pool Intex Ultra 20'-52" at target on clearance for $209. It is sitting in my garage waiting for spring.

12. Back To Top    #12

Wow! Only $209. You got a great deal. Well done
    Mike

13. Back To Top    #13

I bought a 16'x48" Intex ultra frame for $100.00 just to have as a spare, original Intex metal frame and liner going on 7 years now!!!!!!!
    16 'x 48" Metal Frame Intex 5065 gallons, 14 Inch sand filter,Hayward Skimmer SP1091LX Dynaskim, Test Kit TF-100