Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Belle River, Ontario

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Belle River, Ontario

Well soon to be from Belle River. We move there this coming Monday (Dec 22nd)

I am Dale and am the new Pastor at New Life Assembly and we are purchasing a home with a pool in Belle River. The pool is 6 or 7 years old and is running an EcoSmarte system (I read the posts here about people doubting it, and I truly hope you are wring, but Chemistry is not my forte and so I am not going to try and argue either way )

Unfortunately where I am going to be, it is coming up to winter and the temperatures are at freezing (plus or minus a few degrees) and so no pool time until late April at the earliest, but more likely Mid May.

2. Back To Top    #2

Hello from Belle River, Ontario

Welcome to TFP Dale !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hello from Belle River, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    Welcome to TFP Dale !

thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have you!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks

Hopefully there are some other people from my area in this forum, so I can get advice as to places to get supplies for the pool.

6. Back To Top    #6

Dale, I live in west Michigan now, but used to hail from that neck of the woods. One thing handy is your proximity to the US, because there are some test kits you can't easily purchase in Canada due to licensing agreements.
    Some folks I know set up either a US post office box, or use one of the "shared shipping address" service options for US mail deliveries. I don't have specific info on these, but suggest you look into it if you're interested in following the "BBB" practices on this forum, which, if followed, really do make for trouble free pools

Welcome, and cheers to your new move and new pool ownership. You have lots to time to read up now
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Swampwoman View Post
    Dale, I live in west Michigan now, but used to hail from that neck of the woods. One thing handy is your proximity to the US, because there are some test kits you can't easily purchase in Canada due to licensing agreements.
    Some folks I know set up either a US post office box, or use one of the "shared shipping address" service options for US mail deliveries. I don't have specific info on these, but suggest you look into it if you're interested in following the "BBB" practices on this forum, which, if followed, really do make for trouble free pools

Welcome, and cheers to your new move and new pool ownership. You have lots to time to read up now
    I do have alot of time to read up.

Actually I just used detroitmailbox.com to receive a package (not pool related). It costs $5 per package under 70lbs. Good idea about using that type of service for some stuff I cant get here

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi Dale and welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!