Concrete gunite or Polymer Vinyl lined.....reviews

We are about to make a decision on what kind of pool to put in. We are putting a Roman style 18x38. Do we risk cracking with concrete. Both companies we are weighing out have been in business for over 30 years. I'd like to hear some reviews on the Gunite concrete pools as opposed to Polymer pools with vinyl liners. Thanks

I suspect anyone giving you advice would be interested in your specific location in BC (or average winter lows/highs), given that it could be arctic in nature or rarely getting below freezing depending on your location.

In answer to your question about what to choose, I do not think being near a railroad should be any cause for concern at all. For it to be a real concern, I think your pool would have to be so close to the tracks that you wouldn't want to swim in it. :lol:

If you want an opinion, I would suggest going Cement/Gunite/Shotcrete if you want the best possible pool. Long term, I think they are the top of the line and best possible option, but that is my opinion and preference. Many have wonderful pools that are made from fiberglass or vinyl lined, but I prefer the above if it's in the budget. If you can go this route, I would say choose this option every time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.