Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberstars 6004

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Fiberstars 6004

Hello, I need help with a fiberstars 6004 unit from someone with the same unit. I was replacing the bulb when I noticed the plug had been moved to the inside and thus rubbing on the back of the fan. Not a big deal, just relocate it right? Yeah, thats where it all fell apart. One of the legs came disconnected from the base by the transformer and I need to know where it goes. The other one is still connected and is grouped with a red and white wire. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fiberstars 6004

Sorry that I don't own one, but a picture of the inside of the unit would help.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Yes, I don't have a picture which is why I asked for someone with the same unit. It's hard to see from a picture anyways as all the wires from the transformer are grouped together and bound with a zip tie. I'll try to get a picture together but if someone could just follow the 2 white wires down to the bundle they'll see one is grouped with a red wire and the other one should be grouped with maybe the blue wire? IDK. I've been in contact with SRSmith as they bought fiberstars in December 2013 but they're of no help.

Update: Got ahold of one of my customers with the same unit and figured it out. Thanks for the space

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad you got it figured out. Why don't you share the fix so it may help someone in the future?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit