Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just Slammed. Now to balance

1. Back To Top    #1

Just Slammed. Now to balance

Hi all,

I have just started to balance my own pool as I was having very average results relying on the pool shop.
    I have slammed the pool and it has passed the overnight FC test.
    The water is still a little cloudy but looks clean.

Below are my recent test results.

I have added 1 kg of dry Acid to the pool to try and reduce TA to the recommended range of 60-80.
    the PH is currently at 7.2.

..................30%drain.........Slam..................... ............SWG 100% 24h.....SWG 100%24h......SWG 100%7h
    Test Date 11/12/2014....14/12/2014......15/12/2014 ......16/12/2014..........17/12/2014.............18/12/2014
    FC.............14.......................7..................2 6...................20........................16............ .........14
    CC..............0......................0.5.................0 .5.................0.5.........................0.5.......... ..........0
    PH.............7.9......................8................... ..................................................8......... ............ 7.3
    TA............130.....................100................... ...............................................110.......... ..........90
    CH............450.....................375................... ...............................................400
    CYA...........90.......................65................... ................................................60

I'm after some advice of what to do now.
    Should I slowly let the FC level drop down to 6ppm to match the CYA level of 60?
    And should I be trying to Lower TA with a low PH reading and aerating the water?

Thanks in advance
    50,000 L Fiberglass in ground pool
    SWG
    Cartridge filter + Vantage in floor cleaner
    Not actually a yabby farm, just what it will be if I keep having to spend as much money as I have been to keep it looking good.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Just Slammed. Now to balance

Based on your description, you did not meet the three criteria to signal the end of the SLAM.

1. Your pool water is sparkling
    2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
    3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

I would return to SLAM values and get your pool crystal clear.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Just Slammed. Now to balance

Base on what you wrote, I do not think you ever even really started the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process. It is not a 1 day process.

Also realize that we typically recommend the SLAM process is done with the SWG turned off so that you get a feel for the chlorine consumption and do not shorten the life of the SWG.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!