Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool looks like ****.....

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool looks like ****.....

... because the paint is in poor condition. I got a quote of about $4600 to repaint and the estimate included a disclaimer whereby they were not responsible for anything bad happening while the pool was drained. My questions are:

1) isn't that a lot to pressure wash and paint a pool?

2) is such a disclaimer acceptable under any circumstances?

PS
    Amusingly, I used the term Charlie Romeo Alpha Papa, which doesn't look nearly as bad as ****

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool looks like ****.....

I highly recommend you save the funds and plan to resurface the pool. Paint seems to last only a couple years before it again looks bad.

I would say your pool is nearly double the size of the typical residential pool, so that price does not surprise me. You have a lot of surface area.

There is risk when you drain a concrete pool. But the amount of risk is dependent on how the pool was built (hydrostatic valves?) and your groundwater level. I would think that any reputable pool company would know how to prevent damage while doing the work you hire them for.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I highly recommend you save the funds and plan to resurface the pool. Paint seems to last only a couple years before it again looks bad.

I would say your pool is nearly double the size of the typical residential pool, so that price does not surprise me. You have a lot of surface area.

There is risk when you drain a concrete pool. But the amount of risk is dependent on how the pool was built (hydrostatic valves?) and your groundwater level. I would think that any reputable pool company would know how to prevent damage while doing the work you hire them for.

What is said here. The nature of a pool-water, chlorine, etc. means the paint will not last for long at all. Now plaster or such........THAT will last much longer!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Can you show us what it looks like ? :/
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump