final travertine question regarding pool builder & homeowner

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

We have a variety of diff travertine based stones installed by our PB: the coping, the pool waterline, the backwall and four columns and tops, the spa spillway into the pool and the 1200 sqft of decking is all travertine.

Question: is it customary for the PB to seal all of this stone before they leave, or is it that up to the homeowner?

Thank you very much,
tstex

I will have to agree w the both of you. We were originally going to get cool-deck, then switched to travertine pavers. This was a semi last thing we did. It did not occur to me to think of sealing the stone.

We have a lot of stone to seal, so I better get busy when the weather permits...thank you for your help - tstex

Merry Christmas to all and good health to you and all of your families...

Thanks Dura - I just edited my profile - we live in Houston TX

Just had a lot of rain and a lot of the mud/dirt washed onto the travertine pavers...I need to spray this off so it does not penetrate and stain...what a total mess...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.