New IG Pool Construction - Austin, TX Area - Pics inside

Holmern, I really like your pool! Can you tell me what size and spacing your pool rebar is on. I am planning on building a very similar pool and have some slope in my backyard as well. The engineer I used has a double mat of 1/2 in rebar on 8x6 centers. It is so tight the gunite company will not shoot it for fear of "shadowing" or voids. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Holmern, I really like your pool! Can you tell me what size and spacing your pool rebar is on. I am planning on building a very similar pool and have some slope in my backyard as well. The engineer I used has a double mat of 1/2 in rebar on 8x6 centers. It is so tight the gunite company will not shoot it for fear of "shadowing" or voids. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Sorry for the late response. My pool is all 3/8" on 10" center. One thing they did for the slope is that they dug a keyway about 1' and 1' wide below the bottom of the pool down by the outer wall to reinforce it. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much. That is a really cool pool design. Although the landscape slopes are challenging they create a lot of character to the design. Did the key go the entire length of the pool or mainly in the shallow end? Also, do you remember if they doubled up rebar on the back free standing part of the wall or was it just one layer of 3/8 on 10 inch centers. Our situations are very similar and I greatly appreciate your response. Once I get started I'll try and get a thread going but I haven't made it that far yet. Also, we used to live out in Dripping Springs a few years back. Still miss it. Enjoy the awesome pool. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.