Been searching here for a couple of weeks and gotten a couple of questions answered, but some things lead to additional questions.... Have had the home with pool for 3 years and local company maintains it. Am looking to learn enough to cut their expense, since they spend about 15 mins a week, and I now have The Pool Cleaner, which should replace some of what they do. I'll get into the chemistry soon, but focused on the proper equipment setting for now...
If I need anything added to my signature to provide more info, let me know.
1) Current pump run is 6 hours at 2550 RPMs. This time of year pool gets no use -- just spa, as water temp is in the 60s. Given everything I'm reading here, sounds like I can/ should reduce the pump RPMs to around 1000 as long as as am getting enough skimming done (not too much sitting on top or falling to bottom).
2) Will lowering the RPM speed that low create enough flow for the SWG? Reading that those have minimum flow requirements. Do I need to do something to check that?
3) Will lowering the RPM speed create an issue when I turn on the Spa? Particiularly in the time it takes to heat up? Can I program the easy touch 4 to? use a higher RPM when Spa in on if that is necessary?
4) I do have seperate valve controls for Vac Line, Skimmer and Main Drain. Since I will be using the Pool cleaner at least once a week, should I adjust down the flow to the Main Drain, in order to provide more suction to the skimmer, particularly at lower run speed?
5) Based on experience, Will need the 2550 or so RPM to run the Pool Cleaner at its proper RPMs. With the Easytouch4 is there a way a can either program a cycle where it runs at a higher speed, or an easier method than going in and raising/lowering the RPMs of the pump?
Am sure I will have more questions as I go forward, and appreciate the help of this forum...