Let's stir up some discussion

To Speedstir or not

• Total voters
Speed stir is awesome. You always know that you got a good swirl. Well worth the low cost. Once the money is gone ( which it would be anyway) the speedstir is still there.
I use it all the time with zero regrets.
Yes it is kinda like watching tv with a remote. Necessary? Nope. Handy? Oh yeah.

I have to chime in and say I have yet to have one returned because they didn't like it nor have I heard of anyone say it was a mediocre addition to their pool "tool bag".

I have an obvious agenda because we sell them, but they are almost universally popular to the folks that get them.

Love the speedstir. It helps with speed, consistency and accuracy of the test results IMO. I would rather focus on counting drops and taking notes. I hated the CH test every few weeks as I was never certain of the color change point, until I got this gadget.

If I am really going for accuracy, sometimes I just use a 10 mL syringe. But usually I just end up pouring to get the sample size. The syringe does make it easy though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
RangerBob (Karen) How was your 1st experience with the Speedstir? Notice and significant differences in your test results from having done it manually then w/ the Speedstir?

Well, it's hard to differentiate between if I loved it because it was fun or if I loved it because it made the TA test much easier. That would be the most significant change for me. Manually swirling, I would get a flash of pink somewhere around the 16 to 18th drop and then keep adding drops and never get a steady color until I was well over 22 drops and called it quits. Keeping in mind, that we are still trying to get our TA and pH down so have been adding MA consistently - but yesterday's test showed a significant decrease in TA over 1 day (it only took 16 drops) with the speed stir to get a steady pink color. Since my chlorine and calcium hardness are both so very low right now (takes only a drop to get a color change), I don't get the full advantage (read "fun") of the speed stir with those tests but can see it being useful for CH when I get it in range.

But I agree with the others that when you can concentrate on the drops versus swirling and dropping, everything feels more accurate. And so, having the speed stir and Josh' spreadsheet has allowed me to call dibs on the pool chemistry while Bob still has the brushing and cleaning :) - Karen

While it may be easy without, I find it "easier" with Speedstir. My water is crystal clear because of this site and following its recommendations. Many in the area struggle and when they see my water, they are envious... Plus it makes me look like a mad scientist in front of neighbors and friends.... Some call me Beeker!

3656-1269759530-27a83dcd38cdd0d70110e8f0bff9271c.jpg

:D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.