Polaris EOS wireless controller no longer works

mmabc

Aug 14, 2010
I have a wireless controller for my Polaris EOS control system. The problem is that it just constantly shows that it's "reconnecting." You can see that it does occasionally connect because it does update the menus with current status. Occasionally it will connect long enough that you can actually control the system. More often than not now, it just never connects, and it's useless.

Inside the antenna box, it just has a commercial D-link wireless AP. I can connect to that with my PC. Everything seems normal with the wireless AP. I can get to it's web page, look at the status, and everything seems fine. I can't imagine it's a problem with the wireless network and the wireless controller can't actually "reconnect."

I suspect that something is wrong with the wireless controller, but I'd hate to just replace it, at about $900, only to find out it was something else. Anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong? The battery is bad in the wireless controller, but it powers up fine in the charger. Is there anything else I could do to troubleshoot?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.