Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Magnum Force Wet end removal

1. Back To Top    #1

Magnum Force Wet end removal

I am trying to separate a motor from the pump housing to replace the motor. I can not get the a part. I have removed the coupler ring and there seem to be no screws holding them together.

Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Magnum Force Wet end removal

I am not sure what you have done so far but here is a drawing that might help.

Remove ring 21 and the whole motor with impeller should slide out.

You can then remove the screws that hold the motor to motor plate.

Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Magnum Force Wet end removal

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFreeman62 View Post
    I am trying to separate a motor from the pump housing to replace the motor. I can not get the a part. I have removed the coupler ring and there seem to be no screws holding them together.

Any ideas?
    Once you remove number 21, the locking ring, the motor and drive assembly should come out. Mind you it is probably a little stubborn because it has been installed for awhile. I would bleed the pressure in yours system to make it a little easier and then use a flathead screwdriver to pry it open. Don't go crazy with the screwdriver though, you may break the pump.