First off let me say when and OLD liner starts to tear it never stops..
Cleaned the pool for winter close up as normal using my new Dolphin Premier robot.
After finishing I was on the deck looking at the nice clean pool and the wife says.. Whyd ya let so much water out?
My reply was I do not let any water out, only to notice that the water was Below the skimmer.
Looked in the pool to find a large tear in the liner at the shallow to deep transition. Well, diving in to patch was not on my list as the tear was 9 foot long. So I figured drain it and then patch as the water temp was 50 degrees. So as I was draining the wife said, hey call the insurance company and see what they say. I did and am waiting on reply to claim. I have 3 est. from folks all around %k to replace and do some floor work as needed.
Now as I am told it is TO COLD to install this year and to drain below tear and shore up the walls and all will be fine for a april/may install. I live in Georgia and well the weather changes all the time
The first 2 guys to come out said I need to wait, my fear is wall collapse. The 3rd guy said he can have it installed in a few days no matter the temp. I have read up on how to do this but fears I have a on high right now. Who to believe and trust is the question.
To add pressure on me, as I was draining and blowing out my lines for the cold weather below freezing ahead. The wind decides to blow at about 40 mph. this fine wind then lifted up my torn liner and tor it even more, a lot more down to the main drain:. Safe to say that NO water will be in the pool at all for at least 6 months if I hold off for warmer weather.
I have metal walls, that is great but collapse is still a huge fear and more so now.
What is your thoughts on all this?
Am I crazy about thinking wall collapse?
Should I let this guy install with temps in the 50-60 day highs and 30-20 lows?
Should I just take the chance and shore up what I can and pray for the best?