Location of pool equipment - Behind shed okay?

jeams

Nov 19, 2013
Omaha
Just wondering if there are any issues in putting our equipment pad behind the pool shed between it and the fence? It would be about 4-5 ft wide by 8 ft long. Is this enough space to work with? Also, any issues in running the pvc piping under the shed on its way to the pool? I don't want it to be a major pain if we ever need to get to the pipes (maybe we never would need to?) Thanks!

Routing the piping around the shed would make it about 50 feet from the equipment pad to the closest edge of the pool. Would this be okay? The last 15 feet of this would be under the cement patio....

I always recommend people make sure that their plumbing and equipment at the pad is nice and spread out to allow plenty of room to get your whole body in the mix of everything without having to play twister in case you need to get to the pump basket or filter (or anything else that might need your attention). Trust me, trying to get the filter back together while balancing on one leg on a 5ft tall row of plumbing valves isn't pretty (or safe).

Many jurisdictions have zoning setbacks that prohibit placement of pool equipment within say five feet of your property line. Your PB is responsible for that. I had a great location - both PBs said -- ah no - not there you idiot -- So talk to them.

Generally you want some area to work in. My equipment pad is nice, compact and out of the way but you can't completely drain the filter - you have to bail out the last few gallons because of the compact area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.