Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Location of pool equipment - Behind shed okay?

1. Back To Top    #1

Location of pool equipment - Behind shed okay?

Just wondering if there are any issues in putting our equipment pad behind the pool shed between it and the fence? It would be about 4-5 ft wide by 8 ft long. Is this enough space to work with? Also, any issues in running the pvc piping under the shed on its way to the pool? I don't want it to be a major pain if we ever need to get to the pipes (maybe we never would need to?) Thanks!
    20k Gallon IG Vinyl Pool - 19 x 34 Rectangle - 3ft to 6ft depths

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Location of pool equipment - Behind shed okay?

Should not be a problem other than a little tight to work in. I would not recommend running the pipes under the shed though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Routing the piping around the shed would make it about 50 feet from the equipment pad to the closest edge of the pool. Would this be okay? The last 15 feet of this would be under the cement patio....
    20k Gallon IG Vinyl Pool - 19 x 34 Rectangle - 3ft to 6ft depths

4. Back To Top    #4

I always recommend people make sure that their plumbing and equipment at the pad is nice and spread out to allow plenty of room to get your whole body in the mix of everything without having to play twister in case you need to get to the pump basket or filter (or anything else that might need your attention). Trust me, trying to get the filter back together while balancing on one leg on a 5ft tall row of plumbing valves isn't pretty (or safe).
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Many jurisdictions have zoning setbacks that prohibit placement of pool equipment within say five feet of your property line. Your PB is responsible for that. I had a great location - both PBs said -- ah no - not there you idiot -- So talk to them.

Generally you want some area to work in. My equipment pad is nice, compact and out of the way but you can't completely drain the filter - you have to bail out the last few gallons because of the compact area.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall