Bird tape - works!

jvrobert

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2014
Mesa AZ
Just a small note - I live in Phoenix and over the winter there are a huge number of birds who make it their mission to bathe in my rock-waterfall. I would go out and my pool would have several feathers in it, and a weird gross scum was formed in my skimmer from all the filth.

I decided to get some bird tape (metallic shimmering tape you attach loosely so it flaps and shimmers over the area you want to keep bird free) and it actually worked extremely well. I have it so it flops around in the wind over my waterfall and I haven't seen any birds in my waterfall since. Supposedly the noise of the tape and the shimmering/movement keep the birds away.

So if anyone has a similar issue I can definitely recommend the stuff at least if you can attach it in a strategic place to keep them away - may not work for a "whole pool" issue ;)

Works well in our area too but for a different purpose. We have lots of lakes and lake homes in the area with docks in the water and boat lifts/canopies. Putting up several of these reflective tape flags on corners of docks and canopies keeps the bird droppings off really well. They can be not just gross but damaging to fabrics and make the docks a slippery mess.

Next summer, I'll be putting some up on the corners of my house to try to keep those pesky woodpekkers out of my cedar siding...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.