Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stonescapes Puerto Rican blend?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stonescapes Puerto Rican blend?

I originally picked the Tropics Blue Mini with abalone, but the sub came to clean pool and prep for final pre plaster... Showed him what I wanted... He said, that's the old stuff.. Showed me the Rican blend, with glass beads, said it will sparkle more... Looks great...

Anyone have anything to say about that?

Just wondering if it truly is the "new" stuff and will it shine more than abalone... Cost is the same for me.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stonescapes Puerto Rican blend?

I would have to see a swatch of the two compared to give an opinion. Is the base the same color? Something to consider carefully if you've already chosen, because if it is, the water color will differ.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex, TX

Re: Stonescapes Puerto Rican blend?

Welcome to TFP!

If it were me I would stick with what I originally picked unless they could show me what it will look like with water in it. I don't like to be put on the spot like that and I imagine you aren't going to postpone plaster to start researching new finishes again.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump