Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where Do I File A Complaint ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where Do I File A Complaint ?

So I have been using TFP and the BBB method for the past two years.

This morning, after a major storm, heavy rain and leaves blown all over ( insert short word for very hot place ending in ll) I went out to survey my pool. In the overcast morning light I COULDN'T SEE THE WATER LEVEL ON MY TILES.

Yep, with a pile of leaves in the deep end, scattered leaves through the pool, my water was so crystal clear I had to bend down to determine if my water had climbed above the top of the tile. My CC, even with a pile of leaves in the pool, was zero!

Now this is a major problem -- My pool is so clear I can't see the water level!! Ok I wear bifocals and a hearing aids --- but crystal clear -- after a storm?

I am a layed back guy--- I confess I an not a total true believer and check my water daily ---- heck -- I sometimes go a week allowing the Steiner pump to do its thing. And my pool is this crystal clear??? Maybe my wife has secretly hired a pool service?

Maybe we need to require TFP dye in pools for old guys like me.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where Do I File A Complaint ?

I already claimed poster child for tfp , sorry !!!

If you look close enough you will see both of my main drains, perfectly clear from across the yard on a cloudy day!!!!!!

14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I ask you: Is there or is there not water in my 16'x32' pool with a 6' deep end?

16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

Kentucky Fried Chicken has a complaint box. Although your probably better off using it for toilet paper when you eat their bloomer pudding. LOL.
    18,000 Gallon Aboveground. Sand Filter with 2HP 2 speed Pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Let this be a reminder for those who think rain destroys the pool.

Good Job Mister!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

chem geek.........

We would expect no less from your pool!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

One way that I can tell that there is water in chem geek's pool is that the light is travelling at only 224,900,569 meters per second vs its full speed of 299,792,458 m/s.

Also, as light travels through the water, some frequencies of light are absorbed. Therefore, applying absorption spectroscopy, we can deduce the presence of water by the characteristic banding patterns.

In addition, the analysis also indicates that minerals such as calcium and sodium are present, which further supports the conclusion that there is water in the pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

The only way I was able to tell was the fact that the pool lights were on. Nobody in their right mind would dry run their pool lights.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump