My pool has gone into full camo mode.

We had our fun with leaves about 2months ago in Ohio. Not much you can do but use a leaf net to help minimize the damage and bribe friends with beverages to help out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
omg dead moles in your pool? I am NOT coming to your pool party! :eek:

Trust me, I am not thrilled with the arrangement. I STRONGLY considered draining the pool the first time I found one "not swimming" in the pool. I put enough bleach in to sanitize a small country. I totally had to have tough conversation with myself the first time in order to just get it out of the pool - even considered calling the local pool guys to come and get it out. Now I am OCD about checking every single morning because I don't want anything in there for any length of time. I am in a sub division but on larger lots and in the country, so we have a lot of wild life around. Thankfully because of my fencing the deer don't get back there. I pull out snakes far more often than anything else, but never a dead one.

When I posted here about it I was assured that lots of people deal with lots of animals in the pool - some alive and some dead. No one seemed to think that I should drain the pool and fill it with bleach and run straight bleach through it for 3 or 4 days - other than me. lol!

Ranger bob - I had pine needles earlier but none of those get to the pool. I think I have this bad drop (which will go on for a couple of weeks I guess) and another one in the spring. I have an oak that hangs right over the tree and for some reason I will lose about half the leaves now and the other half about the time the tree starts to put out new growth. I think the pool creates a micro climate for that tree and confuses it. And it seems fair that the animals leave your pool alone! No tank on my property but I am only about 3/4 a mile from a lake - I would think that I would have less wildlife here than I do because they would stay closer to the lake, but no.

Sorry to say it but its a crime to let your pool get to this stage.:punkrock:

That pool was clean when I went to bed, and looked like that by 9 am. I had the pool running yesterday and had a timer set for every 5 minutes to go out and empty the skimmer basket. Sadly the baskets were filled up that fast from the wind blowing the leaves off the trees. It sounded like rain. I had the lawn guys clear leaves on Thurs, but by Friday afternoon it looked like I hadn't done a thing about leaves all year.

This is only my 2nd fall with the pool, but I keep thinking that it only lasts for a couple of weeks and then it is done. The windows on the back of the house all look out onto the pool and I just hate the idea of covering it (but I hate the idea a lot less when I am scooping leaves).

This is what I do. Just turn off the pump so dont have to worry about the pump sucking dry.

In a matter of a week or so, almost all the leaves are fallen, then I run my cleaner to get all the dirt off the bottom (those leaves are dirty!), and I'm right back to having a nice pool to look at.

Wouldn't it be easier and faster to just turn off the pump , let all the leaves fall off the tree and then rake them out with the leaf net?

That is a boat load of leaves ! I get leaves, but nothing like that. Me personally, I would be using a leaf net or covering it until those leaves were done. That's just me though. Not saying anybody's methods are wrong. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.