just got a TF-100 test kit... General advice for a noob???

JayGee

Aug 7, 2008
Howdy all. I'm new to the BBB system. It's been raining for several days and the pool has been neglected for about a week :oops: But it's supposed to break tomorrow and we'll be hitting the pool and cleaning and adjusting it. Annddd I just got a brand spanking new T-100 test kit. :-D

There are many individual topic questions on this forum about this test kit. But, can y'all give me a general once over? Any tips accumulated along the way?? For example I saw the topic on the drop problem with the one reagent (dang! Gotta go back & look up the number)
(looked it up, it's the R009- I printed this tip out and taped it inside the kit cover.)

Another question. I had previously picked up a Taylor K-2005 test kit.(poor research :hammer: ) It's only been used a few times. Do any of the reagents carry over? Any other salvage or use I can get from it?
Thanks all! :-D

Oh. One thing I did, (this is probably not a new idea I realize) was to scan the test result chart on the kit lid and double it so I can print out two on a standard page. I'd be glad to pass on the image if folks what haven't already done would like it.

Re: just got a T-100 test kit... General advice for a noob???

You'll be happy with your test kit!

General advice? One thing I do is to collect the test water from the same place pretty much at the same time each day. I've chosen to collect from the place farthest away from the return because that's where the water balance is probably "weakest". Using the same place/same time testing introduces another level of consistency, IMO.

I record my results in a spiral notebook which stays in the pool house. In it I also log any severe weather events, what chemicals I've added, when I backwashed, the base pump pressure, and other things which might impact the pool or my treatment decisions.

Can't help you with your question about salvaging reagents from the Taylor kit because I don't know what's in there.

The reagents in the TF-100 are all Taylor reagents and the numbers on the bottle are the same as Taylor numbers.

Most are interchangeable, however, the numbers must match exactly. If the numbers don't match, the reagent is not interchangeable even though it may appear to be the same.

AnnaK said:
I've chosen to collect from the place farthest away from the return because that's where the water balance is probably "weakest". Using the same place/same time testing introduces another level of consistency, IMO.
Thanks! I had meant to ask about that and forgotten to. I do pretty much the same thing though I've chosen to test from a still place directly opposite the return which is directly between the jets. I guess I picked it just on the 'looks about right' system. Is it?

Duraleigh said:
The reagents in the TF-100 are all Taylor reagents and the numbers on the bottle are the same as Taylor numbers.
Most are interchangeable, however, the numbers must match exactly. If the numbers don't match, the reagent is not interchangeable even though it may appear to be the same.
Thanks for the chemical interchangeability info, Duraleigh. I copy that the numbers must match exactly.
On that note, the kit came with a product check list. There was one variable I wanted to ask about. The check list specified R-0011. The bottle is labeled R0011L. Does that L change anything that I need be concerned about?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.