Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping above ground open all winter

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping above ground open all winter

Do I need to continue to test and maintain FC levels all winter...once the water maintains a temp below 60 that is??

Right now I'm prob averaging adding around 8-10oz of bleach per day with water temps bouncing between 55-62 degrees.
    I'm not covering and will keep my pump running on low 24/7 during the time when the outside temps are in the 30's. (which its not yet)
    24' Round Above Ground - 13,500 gal, Cartridge Filter, Installed on 5-7-14, First Time Pool Owner! TFP True Believer!

2. Back To Top    #2

Keeping above ground open all winter

Since your not going to totally close it, maintain your water chemistry just as normal. You'll lose less FC per day with the water temp being colder and the sun angle being lower. You'll still lose FC though. Algae will have a harder time starting with colder water temps, but since you plan on keeping it open maintain your FC range for your CYA level.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Keeping above ground open all winter