Sundance Marin 850 troubleshooting

Nov 30, 2014
Moses Lake,WA
I just brought home a "free" hot tub this week after driving 200+ miles round trip. I'm an Industrial machinery electrician by trade so I should be able to fix this one. P.O. said it was displaying fault code for Over Temp but water felt fine so I'm guessing bad temperature sensor. It still had some water in piping when I loaded and hauled so hopefully no cracked pipes as we've been below freezing for weeks.

13x27 Splash Pool A.G., Sundance Marin 850 spa

I left a space heater in it overnight set to about 70F and it's nice inside but still can't get the drain valve open. I suspect it's iced up at the valve. The manual says to screw on a regular garden hose and pull on the fitting to open the valve. I'll try again tomorrow. Is there a way to check the water's out with a wet dry vac instead?

test pics

IMG_5554.JPG

031.jpg

039.jpg

032.jpg

zB9XFnX1GFYeCPVMBsqRvK6DrZXE1BoMgDAzIct1Q84=w498-h664-no

PB290391.JPG

PB290392.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

yup, that works! ;)

Finally got it hooked up and powered up for the first time today. Pumps all work but no heat. Faulty temp sensor and a melted heater assembly cover. Cracks in heater cover so repair or replace is the question. I think I can repair it, but should I? The cheapest replacement online is $162 for the whole unit.

Finally got the cash together for the heater, main sensor and replaced the circuit board and ozinator too. Cost me around $750 total. I was worried the updated board might have hickups with the old controls etc. All worked without a hitch. Just in time for fall. :)

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.