Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Texas

Hi guys,

We are planning to start a new build (our 1st) in January and are so glad we found this site. There is so much to learn and happy to have some great minds to lean on here.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Texas

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see some details and photos of your upcoming build.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

Hopefully you've been at the house a whole year so you know which way the prevailing wind blows so you can put the skimmer at the extreme downwind end. Even if it means an extra forty feet of pipe to plumb it that way, do it. And when you lay out the equipment pad, be generous. Some day someone is going to have to take something apart for repairs, so give 'em room to work. Case in point: I can't disconnect the electrical on my pump at the pump. There's just no access. I had to undo the flex conduit at the panel and remove the wiring with the motor and disconnect it later.

And if I got to design my plumbing myself, I'd have the main drain on a separate line with a valve so it could be isolated and I'd put a T with a spigot on the pump outlet so that if I need to lower the water level, it would be a snap.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome fellow Texans!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome! We need more like-minded Texans
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22’X42’ Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10’X12’ Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP ! I'm starting to wonder if I need to move to Texas ! Hope you enjoy the forum ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

Another Texan!

welcome from Longview, Texas
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Ha!! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. We will post plenty of pics along the way. Great advice Richard and much appreciated!

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome! I just joined as well and am from Texas.

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome!

There are a LOT of Texans here!
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

11. Back To Top    #11

Welcome, you have plenty of fellow Texans here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

There are a lot of Texans around here. So many, in fact, I'm somewhat surprised that I haven't yet heard any whispers about the Texan contingent seceeding and creating our own forum.

Trouble Free Lonestar Pools has a nice ring to it.

Just sayin'....

Anyway, welcome Ripsnorter. (And don't worry; we'll invite you via PM if we ever decide to break away.)
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by JayBauman View Post
    There are a lot of Texans around here. So many, in fact, I'm somewhat surprised that I haven't yet heard any whispers about the Texan contingent seceeding and creating our own forum.

Trouble Free Lonestar Pools has a nice ring to it.

Just sayin'....

Anyway, welcome Ripsnorter. (And don't worry; we'll invite you via PM if we ever decide to break away.)
    Hey there and welcome from another Texan.

I also had to snort at Jay's comment - I spent years living out of our great state and married a man who was, alas, not a Texan. One day one of his co-workers was going on and on about how he couldn't stand some Texan who was holding up some paperwork - his tirade went on to how he gets sick of having to deal with this guy because he thinks Texas is the best, and Texas is the only place to get anything done, and Texas this and Texas that. And then he asked my husband if he had ever had to deal with Texans. My husband replied that he was married to one. The co-worker got kind of flustered and said that he was sorry, he was sure that I was like that. My husband said "like what?" and the guy said - "you know, all sure that Texas is so much better." My husband cracked up and told him that God didn't make any other kind of Texan.

Anyway, welcome to the board! And for any "not a Texan" type folks that might read this, I am sure your state is lovely. And wonderful. And practically as nice as Texas.
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

14. Back To Top    #14

^ Awesome!!! "Practically as nice as Texas". Love it!!
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

15. Back To Top    #15

I was born and raised in NY - Long Island - lived there 36 years - moved to Texas 6 years ago - I wish I was born a Texan instead. The only reason anyone would think Texas isn't the best is because they've never lived here. And those who were born and raised in Texas that think they can do better elsewhere are only fooling themselves.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

16. Back To Top    #16

Full disclosure: I wasn't born in Texas. But I sure got here as soon as I could.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

17. Back To Top    #17

Zethacat & Jay - proof that there is no zealot like a convert! lol! As a native, I am quite proud that Texans are so welcoming to anyone willing to drink the Lone Star Coolaid!
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by glitter&guns View Post
    Zethacat & Jay - proof that there is no zealot like a convert! lol! As a native, I am quite proud that Texans are so welcoming to anyone willing to drink the Lone Star Coolaid!
    +1 - Karen
    New in 2017, will update

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by glitter&guns View Post
    +2 ...I travel abroad quite a bit. When I'm across the pond I'm often asked where's home (as if they can't tell by my drawl and Big-East-Texas-Ears); I cut the small talk and just say I'm from Texas. They all know Texas! The conversation ends or we enter deep-discussion to solve the world-problems; either way is fine by me!
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22’X42’ Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10’X12’ Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

20. Back To Top    #20

Hello From Pearland TX. Welcome.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast