Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First winter with new merlin solid cover!

1. Back To Top    #1

First winter with new merlin solid cover!

Hello all. We closed our pool this year with a merlin solid safety cover with pump. This will be our first winter with this on lol. My only question is, should the center of the cover be sagging or have a shallow low spot? Im assuming its either natural or done to channel the water to the pump itself. Everything is installed perfectly to the T and all straps and anchors are tight and secure. Like i said this is our first safety cover so im still learning
    16x32 vinyl in-ground pool.
    Approx 21,000 gallons.
    Hayward DE EC65 filter and Hayward super pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: First winter with new merlin solid cover!

Yes, no matter how tight it is there will be at least a small low spot. Until it snows, then it drops all the way down to the pool water level in the middle, just so you don't think that is abnormal.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First winter with new merlin solid cover!

Thats what i was hoping to hear lol. Its so much more relaxing not having to deal with the awful tarp material and water tubes. Id be out checking and tinkering all the time with the old setup. Thanks for the response bmore
    16x32 vinyl in-ground pool.
    Approx 21,000 gallons.
    Hayward DE EC65 filter and Hayward super pump.