New Build SW Houston

Deck forms set and now stone work and fountains almost done...PB emailed and said work will slow down until the first of the year.
Ordering a Fire Magic power burner for outdoor kitchen. Not sure if I want to install it lower like many do or at counter height...sitting it lower has advantages for boils and fries...we don't eat a lot of fried foods here so, not sure. I think at counter height I would get more use from wok cooking and also searing etc. The power burner is my favorite addition.

DSC_3297_zpsc10daa07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_3296_zps13755817.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Kona looking at new pool!
DSC_3295_zps268cc7bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_3294_zps65d07a55.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I think this is overfill and deck drain

Overfill drain
[URL=http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/cowboysurfer/media/Pool%20Build%202015/DSC_3290_zps94ed69d9.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc498/cowboysurfer/Pool%20Build%202015/DSC_3290_zps94ed69d9.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
Another pic of drain.
DSC_3289_zpse9733ef2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Gutters drain tie in from covered patio
DSC_3288_zpsc93e2bc9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Outdoor Kitchen stubs
[URL=http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/cowboysurfer/media/Pool%20Build%202015/DSC_3311_zps3fa59402.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc498/cowboysurfer/Pool%20Build%202015/DSC_3311_zps3fa59402.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
Stone masons put new stones in for spa. Looks great.
DSC_3312_zpsa58ce2a8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_3305_zps12474dc6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now off to work to pay for this pool! Thank you everyone! Your posts and lessons have been invaluable.

Good luck with the deck pour! I missed the type of finish you are doing on the deck - what will it be? We are pretty excited about our power burner too (Versa) and we went with the lower height because we do expect to do shrimp and crawfish boils but also will be using the grill and wok features as well. I expect that it will get a lot of usage including breakfast meals by the pool. - Karen

Good luck with the deck pour! I missed the type of finish you are doing on the deck - what will it be? We are pretty excited about our power burner too (Versa) and we went with the lower height because we do expect to do shrimp and crawfish boils but also will be using the grill and wok features as well. I expect that it will get a lot of usage including breakfast meals by the pool. - Karen

We struggled with whether to get power burner. We think we are going to have them raise counters and grill up two inches and then power burner below that 3 inches...that way it won't be too low and still be able to have the protected area for boils. We are doing cool deck or whatever it is called these days. How do you like the power burner? We ordered Fire magic.

Pauline

Updated pics...been a while. We have had a lot of rain here so, delays. We had our concrete decking poured. Our patio framed and in the process of getting finishes in between rain.

pool1_zpstgmrebf3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Outdoor kitchen build.

pool%202_zpsmdnp60mk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pool%205_zpsjcswq51r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Outdoor kitchen equipment arrived.
pool%204_zpsjmkcjyq8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Building counter top. Flagstone. Not in love with that dark one so will ask for change.

Pauline

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kuna is going to be in that pool ya know... lol. It looks great!

Whoa, huge kitchen island! Most excellent-You will love and quickly use all the space during pool parties!

- - - Updated - - -

You are so silly to even think a LAB will not go into a pool! Oh silly human!

"Wait, you did not build this pool for ME????????" LOL

Kim

Kuna is going to be in that pool ya know... lol. It looks great!

I had to chuckle! Just keep the ears flushed as much as possible; it's ok to share your kids swim-ear!

Had a lab swim in our pool any time we suited up n grabbed towels. She loved the water so much She learned how to dive to the bottom of the pool to get toys and swim under water. I'd never change a thing! We made great memories n the filter did a wonderful job... Just as it was intended. I miss that dog n wanted another dog swimmer n finally got a boxer who loves to swim. lol

Let her swim. It's less you have to walk her n she won't pee in the pool! lol

Like how you tied the pool tile in with the back splash in the outdoor kitchen. Nice touch there! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.