Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shopping for AG pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Shopping for AG pool

Split by moderator from HERE. Please ask your own questions in your own thread and not hijack other member's threads. You will get advice specifically addressed to you.

I'm in the market for an above ground pool also. Any recommendations on good, reliable brands and online dealers would be helpful. There are so many choices and I can't tell the difference between the cheaper and more expensive brands. We want an oval 12 by 24 pool (we already leveled part of the yard to fit that size) and we would eventually like to build a deck around it, so I want to find something that will last. Is there any difference in durability between the steel, aluminum and resin materials? Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Shopping for AG pool

Not sure if this helps but an older thread on here has some discussion on oval AG pools.

Decision between three options for AG Pool
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Welcome to the forum. Happy Hunting! Best advice I can offer is make sure that's the LARGEST pool you want to go with. Nobody ever wishes for a smaller one.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

Welcome to TFP !
    Just one thing I would like to add is don't skimp on the liner. Get the thickest liner you can. At least 25 mil.
    Don't forget to grab yourself a good test kit. These are the Test Kits we recommend. 😎
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Orlando, FL

I love my Sharkline and have had it for almost a year. I found a local dealer/installer but if I had not, I would have bought it from Pool Supply Warehouse. They have the best prices.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).