Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Goldline SWG replacement.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Goldline SWG replacement.

I have had my Gold Line SWG system installed in my new pool in 2008.
    It was with a T-15 Cell and my inground pool is only 11,000 gallons.
    Now being in Arizona and all the heat and sun I can see why maybe I needed a T-15 cell which produces more Chlorine.

Now my questions relates to the T5, T9 and T15 Cells. They actually look like the same cell but marked differently for pool gallon size.
    As you can see the T3 has only 7 plates and understandably produces less chlorine but what about the others?
    Are they the same cells? Their is a price difference between them online.
    Can anyone explain?

T-3 says for 15,000 gallon pools and produces MAX .4 lbs of chlorine a day, (7 plates)

T-5 says for 20,000 gallon pools and produces MAX 1.45 lbs of chlorine a day (13 plates )

T-9 says for 25,000 gallon pools and produces MAX 1.45 lbs of chlorine a day (13 plates)

T15 says for 40,000 gallon pools and produces MAX 1.45 lbs of chlorine a day (13 plates)

Thanks
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Goldline SWG replacement.

I think found bad data. The T5 is an older model which was replaced by the T15, so those may match. Likely the T 9 data is wrong.

Having a larger cell means you may not have to run the pump as much to maintain adequate FC levels. The T9 should be enough for you. But, older SWG systems only work with the 5 and 15 cells, I am not sure when the software switched.

Are you able to set the cell size?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I think found bad data. The T5 is an older model which was replaced by the T15, so those may match. Likely the T 9 data is wrong.

Having a larger cell means you may not have to run the pump as much to maintain adequate FC levels. The T9 should be enough for you. But, older SWG systems only work with the 5 and 15 cells, I am not sure when the software switched.

Are you able to set the cell size?
    I thought so also that the larger number cell would put out more and have to work less but data shows the number of plates and size are identical.

So are you saying that they only have a T-3 and T-15 cells now?

I have a true Goldline product with software version 1.40
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

4. Back To Top    #4

With version 1.4 software you can only use the T-15 cell. You need version 1.5 to use the other cells.

Your chlorine production numbers are also wrong for the T-3 and T-9. The T-3 is 0.53 lbs/day, while the T-9 is 0.98 lbs/day. The T-5 is no longer made.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

The most economical one is the largest one. It will last longer and is capable of putting out chlorine at a faster rate. You can always turn it down if needed.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit