Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Almost there....

1. Back To Top    #1

Almost there....

After dumping several tons of water due to salinity, and adding in new' I've almost got things back in balance.

ph 7.6
    TA 70
    CYA 70 ( or should be since it was 30 and I just added 128 ounces)
    TC 8.5
    CC 0.0
    CH 280
    Salt 3000

CH could use a bit more work. Salt could go a hair higher, but will wait for it to go down more from rain.
    Went through several acid / aerate cycles to get TA down from 220 so that took several days. 1 gallon repeatedly dumped TA 40, so that was a good metric to learn for my pool.

Feeling like it's almost there.....
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Almost there....

All I'd say you need is to turn down that SWG a notch.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Almost there....

I kicked it that high with bleach this morning because the salt cell is mostly off and I hadn't put the cyanuric in yet. And it was really bright night bright sunny....probably sunniest day in 3 weeks.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.