Jun 16, 2013
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

I think it's time to replace my Pentair LA01N. It's making this horrible, high pitched noise. I've already replaced the bearings.

In searching the forums, there are a lot of recommendations for replacing the motor, but at $171 it seems to make more sense to spend the extra $50 for a brand new pump.

Am I missing something? Anything else I should look at before biting the bullet?

Lynn

The pump is 6+ years old so it's got rusted screws on the cover where the wires go in and the plastic housing on the back is cracked. I don't want to spend extra money, but at some point I would think getting a new pump that has a warranty makes the most sense.

I would never replace the motor on a booster pump honestly it cost like you said 50.00 more to buy a brand new one with a warranty i don't even replace seals on them when they start leaking i just replace them its easier since they are so cheap... the waterway booster is only 210.00

Thanks for the tip on the Waterway. Is a pump, just a pump? Meaning, as long as it's the same HP and it runs on the voltage I have, are they all interchangeable?

The Waterway I found is the Waterway Booster Pump 3810430. I'm not seeing it for $210 anywhere.

I would never replace the motor on a booster pump honestly it cost like you said 50.00 more to buy a brand new one with a warranty i don't even replace seals on them when they start leaking i just replace them its easier since they are so cheap... the waterway booster is only 210.00
Sigh. I recently replaced a cracked volute on my PB4-60, then the o-ring, then it was still leaking near the main seal, so I replaced that and the back plate cracked when I tapped it in. So, I just ordered a full replacement, which as you say, is what I should have done from the start given how inexpensive it is. After I ordered it, I noticed the motor was 15 years old! Hopefully my new one will last that long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.