Two days away from plaster. Needing some advice!

Yeah, you'll be buying MA by the case for a while. Good job. It's so satisfying to get expected results with chemical additions.

Just wanted to drop in again and say thanks for all the help.

I'm exactly 30 days post-plaster and everything is looking good so far. You are correct, bmoreswim, it's rewarding to dump in exactly XXoz of MA and to test it later to find it exactly on point.

I let the pucks dissolve completely and that got my CYA to 30. I went in and "field dressed" the Nature 2 Cartridge (removed the metal pack) and have been testing fairly frequently. I eventually had to buy some calcium chloride online as ice melt, which wasn't too bad (about $30 shipped for a 50lb bag). I've slowly added about 25lbs so far over the past several weeks. My last full test of everything was on Sunday, and they were:

Water temp 50
FC: 2 (bumped up to 4 after test)
CC: 0
TA: 70
pH: 7.5
CH: 200
CYA: 30

It's crystal clear water. I swear at night I could probably read a book on the bottom of the deep end from on the waterfall.

We're about to leave for Christmas for a few days, so I thought I would slowly adjust my CYA up to 40-50 and get my chlorine up. I'm not losing much FC each day, but I would guess I need to boost it up quite a bit before we leave to allow for it to drift down over the next 4 days.

Will my CH will continue to rise on its own from the new plaster, or after 30 days will it be done?

Much thanks again to everyone. I'm so glad I did my own research, as we just did "Pool School" the other day, "Yeah you have a Nature 2...so you only need to keep FC at like .5" :rolleyes:

Should my CH will continue to rise on its own from the new plaster, or after 30 days will it be done?
You are MOSTLY done (like "MOSTLY dead" in Princess Bride) but your CH will probably continue to climb slower and slower for perhaps up to a year. Simply Test it maybe once monthly for the next few months to see the trend, if any.

You are MOSTLY done (like "MOSTLY dead" in Princess Bride) but your CH will probably continue to climb slower and slower for perhaps up to a year. Simply Test it maybe once monthly for the next few months to see the trend, if any.

Thanks Duraleigh, your quote pointed out my poor and uncompleted sentence! I should've followed it with, should I go ahead and bump it up to the 250 min recommended level now or wait longer and see if it comes up on its own?

Thanks again for your help and aren't you the commercial pilot? Very cool. That was my career path until the very end. Still got my Multi, Comm, and CFII.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.