New pool in Southern, CA

We installed a pool ladder yesterday. I had asked my PB about putting a bench in the deep area and he said it wasn't needed. :shaking: In hindsight I know I should have pushed for it. We've been swimming for months now and it seems like if the kids get tired in that deep part it's hard for them to hold on the coping up top. We put this ladder in to help.

I'm curious if that retaining wall was permitted by the City of LA. When I lived over near Sunland my neighbor put in a retaining wall on a much smaller slope than that and the City made him pour a six foot wide footing and he had to run 5/8 rebar in every hole of the brick. I wonder if he made them angry so the inspector required overkill or if that's really what the city requires.

edit

- - - Updated - - -

Hindsight is something we wish we had in the planning stage. Good job on the ladder. That should help for sure. Make sure to get a brush that can get behind it and under the steps to help keep is clean.

Kim

That's what the pool guy is for. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious if that retaining wall was permitted by the City of LA. When I lived over near Sunland my neighbor put in a retaining wall on a much smaller slope than that and the City made him pour a six foot wide footing and he had to run 5/8 rebar in every hole of the brick. I wonder if he made them angry so the inspector required overkill or if that's really what the city requires.

Yup, we needed a permit. The wall has a key foundation, took a long time to dig the foundation because of the rocky hillside!

LOL all of the pool guys I have read about just show up at the house, throw some pucks in then move on to the next house.....Glad you have one that will do some work for the money!

Kim

Our pool guy is the sub who did all the pool equipment, plumbing and electric. So he knows the pool. Plus my wife is home on maternity leave so she makes sure he does a good job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.