Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coping and stonework

1. Back To Top    #1

Coping and stonework

I'm in the process of having a pool built. I'm doing noche travertine coping and decking. This will a freeform pool with a 18" raised spa and 12" raised wall along the back. I'm having a hard time deciding what type of stone to use on the sides and spillway of the spa and the raised wall. I was considering doing chopped lueders in a random pattern. I want to go with stone and not tile. Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coping and stonework

Travertine and lueders here.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you have any pictures of it?

4. Back To Top    #4

I think a dry-stacked ledgestone coordinates very nicely with noche travertine. That always looks sharp!
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by tone100 View Post
    I'm in the process of having a pool built. I'm doing noche travertine coping and decking. This will a freeform pool with a 18" raised spa and 12" raised wall along the back. I'm having a hard time deciding what type of stone to use on the sides and spillway of the spa and the raised wall. I was considering doing chopped lueders in a random pattern. I want to go with stone and not tile. Any suggestions?
    Hi tone,
    I struggled with that choice too. I have roman blend which I believe is similar to noche.
    I went with a mixed travertine splitface blend I found at lowes of all places and it blended fantastic!
    I was leaning towards glass tile but my builder told me to many issues and scaling down the road.
    Here is a close up look, hope it helps....also matched my waterline tile great!

6. Back To Top    #6

We used leuders limestone for the coping and raised spa/spillway.

Here is a picture of the spa/spillway.

39' x 18' IG 3.5X4.5X9 34k gallon w/ raised spa, 3 stone scupers
    Jandy 60 SqFt DE, Jandy PDA PS6, Jandy JXi400 heater, Jandy 2.0 EPump w/SVRS
    A&A Manufacturing ICS w/G4 venturi heads
    2 incandescent lights in pool, 1 in spa.