Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! New Pool Install and liner choice regret!

1. Back To Top    #1

Dover, DE

Help! New Pool Install and liner choice regret!

We just (mostly) finished installation of our 20 x 40 inground salt water pool. The concrete decking is the only thing left and will be finished in early spring 2015. We debated liner color for a while and was leaning toward a tan pool liner. After looking at pictures on the web we went to see a real pool installed with the color we were considering, we chose the tan Sedona liner.

We now have the pool water in and are concerned about the color of the water! It's looks green!!!! So upset. When the water was half way full it had this great Caribbean look, but now looks like a muddy pond. It may be the winterish sky or dirt surrounding it, but I'm really concerned.

Anyone have the Sedona liner installed in their pool and have an encouraging story for the pool color come Summer? Or anyone who changed out the pool liner quickly?

I'll post pictures when I figure out how to in the morning. I'm loosing sleep over this issue!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Help! New Pool Install and liner choice regret!

Could there be algae in it? Do you have a test kit?

What have you put in the pool to get chlorine in it?

These questions will get us started on helping you.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

What is your source of fill water?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

How long ago did you fill the pool? Having recently completed a new pool build, I can tell you that the water is greenish/cloudy for a couple of days until the water is properly balanced.
    Dallas area | 12' x 29' 10K gallon IG gunite/plaster with 12" raised spa | DE filter, Variable Speed pump, 400K BTU heater, pool cleaner with booster pump, all Pentair equipment | Taylor K-2006 test kit | Excavation 9/16/2014; Pool filled on 10/17/2014