jetski test tank help

Nov 17, 2014
lake elsinore
i just got a jetski test tank. its small. about 15ft long 5ft wide and 3ft deep.
i use it to test carbs and see how skis run. i run mostly 2 stroke jetskis which put alot of oil in the water.
tank came with an intex sand filter. any ideas on how to filter the tank and be able to use the water as long as possible?
IMG_8298[1].JPG

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

At most that is about 1500 gallons of water. Which will likely cost you much less than $15 to fill. I am not sure it is worth the effort to try to install a pump and filter system. You could maintain a little chlorine in the water to prevent algae ... although the jetski will not care if there is algae. There is not a huge need to keep this water sanitary since no one will be swimming in it.

You could add a cheap Intex pump/filter combo, but all a pump and filter would do would be to remove any debris. You will need to worry about chemistry if you want to prevent algae and make the water sanitary.

I kind of wonder what the effects of chlorine on the jetski pump/seals might be ....

Well, oils are a completely different issue witch the pump/filter may not help very much with. You may need to keep some "scumballs" to try to absorb the oils or maybe use some enzyme products to break the oils down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.